Friday, April 12, 2013

Plein air at Devil's Lake

I'm going to start off with a work in progress shot from last summer. I am dreaming of warm weather so we can once again paint outside, plus that gives the kids something to do. Karen and I were out at North Shore and had a bit of time to paint before the amazing sky decided to break open and start raining.We each got some pretty awesome work done, if I say so myself.

I learned that a three year old will trail sand everywhere, and painting with a baby is almost impossible.

Also, I like to work small, I've got a 4x6 watercolor block that's got a cold press finish that I love, but has now been stolen by the three year old. You can see my block in the pic, with half finished painting of the West bluffs.
There will be more to come, most likely wip shots from my phone and finished paintings that look much better.


No comments:

Post a Comment