Friday, April 19, 2013

Virtual tour de France

We found out about the virtual paintout just this past month. Since we can't afford to travel wherever we would like, we have been traveling via Google maps. It is awesome!

I am in the middle of rereading Chocolat by Joanne Harris, and wanted to find Lansquenet, which doesn't precisely exist. So I clicked randomly and found this quaint church that said "draw me", so I did.

I wanted to test out my new Noodler's Creaper flex nib pen. I'm still on the fence, it has this weird smell, and it's my first fountain pen, so there is a slight learning curve. I promise that the church isn't crooked in real life.

This is just a sketch with some light watercolor washes put down once i, mistakenly, thought the ink was dry in my small Moleskine watercolor pocketbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment